Whether you want to overhaul your life to become a climate-change-crusader or just make some simple changes to reduce your daily carbon footprint, it all starts with the same foundation:
Clarity on what the issues are, what we need to do to address them, and what you truly want for your future.
You may be at the beginning of your journey, just getting started and looking for some first information and ideas.
Or you may be well on your way, already with experience of taking actions or even studies on climate change.
I don’t pretend to have all the answers. But my goal is to help you find yours.
So, let’s start with some clarity on what the issues are at stake.
A few words to prepare you: this is a challenging read…
- Change is often uncomfortable, even plain terrifying, both mentally and emotionally.
- It may make you question a lot of things. The evidence, your role, your government’s role and even the role of nature itself.
- It may also irritate and upset you. From many angles, including the part you have played in this, that you are now. And about what lies ahead.
Are you ready to step up to a whole new level of responsibility? To change the way you live and some perhaps deeply ingrained habits?
It won’t always be easy. In fact, you may find it totally inconvenient. Not your priority now. Not your role. And not what you want next.
But if we stop, we will fall back to our old habits and quit…. On both ourselves and the entire planet.
Instead, how about trusting the voice inside that says, “YES, it’s time for me to step up and make the impact in the world that I am meant to make”.
Or trusting that small voice that says, “OK, you have just 5 minutes…”.
…. and read on.
- 1 . What is Climate Change? A Guide to the Whats and the Whys.
- 2. What Are The Effects of Climate Change? And the Agonising Extremes?
- 3. What Are Greenhouse Gases? Which Are Most Abundant, Most Powerful And Longest Lasting?
- 4. What Is Net Zero? A Global Overview Of The Drivers Along The Path To Net Zero.
- 5. What Is Carbon Sequestration? How Carbon Capture Works And 5 Common Carbon Term Essentials.
- 6. Green Energy Definition: Which Renewable Energy Is Reliably Green?
- 7. Climate Change And The Ocean. Weather, Warmth And Blue Carbon.
- 8. Soil And Climate Change. Protect Peat, Nurse Soil and Keep An Eye On Your Diet.
- 9. How Do Trees Help Climate Change Today?
- 10. More Individual Action on Climate Change?… Take A Close Look at Yourself.